Saturday, June 25, 2011

6.25.11

Even though its technically the 26th of June now. It still feels like the 25th. June 25th will be forever etched in my memory. Especially June 25th, 2010. The hardest day of my life. This day, one year ago, we received the news that Keith had been officially diagnosed with stage 4 glyioblastomic brain cancer. They gave him 6 months to live, look where we are a whole year later. This day one year ago changed my life forever.

It taught me to never take another day for granted. To enjoy each and every moment. To realize the little things in life. Because we seriously never know what tomorrow will bring. I am so close to being done with this homestand. T-minus 2 more games. This has been one exhausting homestand. Especially with the warm weather, our crowds are getting larger and larger. Seriously, I am exhausted. I cannot wait for a week of family time. Better yet, I can't wait to plan my parents coming to Springfield to see me! A year ago I was devastated, but today I am hopeful. Hopeful for the many years I know we have to come. But most of all, thankful that I have such a wonderful man such as my stepfather, Keith. I couldn't ask for a more supportive and loving stepdad. So this day, here's to you Keith. I love you so much.

My favorite movie, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, is on right now. So that and my bed is where I am headed. Until next time, xox



"we must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment