Saturday, August 16, 2014

Ready Set Gorgeous

Okay, so I have the most stubborn pores.  Seems like a weird thing to talk about right? Pores.  But seriously, mine clog up just because they feel like it I think.  So when this new CoverGirl foundation promises to not clog your pores I was all over it.

[image cred: CoverGirl]


I did my typical research before I went.  Read a few reviews on how it went on and how the shades matched and all and a few bloggers said to get two different shades and mix them to get the best results.  So I went and got two shades.  And loved it.  I love the way it goes on, I love the finish, I love the lightweight feeling.  But finding a shade to match my skin is apparently impossible.

You would think a foundation with 12 shade options a pale girl with cool undertones could find a match.  Amiright? I bought shades Creamy Natural 110 and Buff Beige 115 and mixed the two at first. Seemed too dark.  Tried each shade separately.  Too dark. Went to the store and bought what I thought was a lighter shade. Even darker.

So for now, I have thrown in the towel on this foundation.  I'm not sure what to do honestly because I really loved the coverage and look of the foundation.  I'm a pale girl with no hope of getting tanner unless I spend some serious time in the tanning bed.  Which is not the best for your skin but who knows.

Maybe if I do win a dream vacation to the beach and get super tan I can try this foundation out again.  Who wants to donate to the "Amanda-needs-a-serious-vacation-especialy-if-its-to-the-beach" fund?  Anyone? No? Okay, back to the drawing board then!

No comments:

Post a Comment