Monday, August 18, 2014

Summer Beauty Tips

So here in the Ozarks, we've been pretty blessed with a relatively cool summer.  And by cool I mean not blisteringly hot with 80% humidity all the time.  But there have been days that have lived up to that name.  I, like most women, work at least 40 hours a week and when I know that it's going to be 90+ the idea of putting on a full face of makeup is gross.  So here are a few of my tried and true tips to a lightweight face that is work appropriate.

1. Trade in that heavy foundation for a BB cream or tinted moisturizer.  This has the perks of a moisturizer but coverage for us who need it to even out our skin tone.  I sometimes swipe a little powder over my t-zone just to help the coverage last all day. A few of my faves include:


2.  Swap out your contouring/bronzing/highlighting/blush routine for a little cream blush.  Just a little bit will give you that just pinched flushed look.  

3.  Lashes.  We all know I love lashes.  Skip the smokey eye and swipe on that mascara.  Lashes for days will wake up your eyes and brighten up your whole look.

4.  Tinted lip balm.  Now unfortunately I am no where near glamourous enough to wear bold lip colors but if you are rock it here.  Now is your chance.  With a muted eye and pink cheeks, rock that hot pink lip.  If you are like me, reach for a little tinted lip balm/lip stain to finish off that look.  



Well, there you have it.  My perfect, go to summer look.  Oh and if you're like me and can't leave the house without your eye brows on, throw those on too.  Because I look weird without them!



No comments:

Post a Comment