Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Future Troubles

Does the future freak anyone else out like it does me?  Because oo nelly does it stress me out.

I feel as if I live in limbo.  So many aspects of my life could change at any given moment in time.

Graduation
My stepdad's health
Potential Jobs
Living arrangements

So.much.change.

Now, I've always said I liked change.  And I do, in the change your hair cut, wear a statement necklace, impulse buy that pair of shoes kind of change.  But I like the people in my little life.  I like living with my roommate.  She's moving out in less than 2 months.  Excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out. 


I like being able to go home on holidays to see my family.  I like having spring break, summer break, easter break.  but I could do without the school part. 


But change is ever looming on the horizon of my life. Absolutely terrifying 


Graduation from college is coming, fast.  I know sometimes I think that it will never come.  But it's only a few short months away.  just give me that little piece of paper already!

It's time to talk to my current employer about becoming full time upon graduation.

It's time to decide if I want to stay in Springfield or move back to St. Louis. Decisions, decisions 

It's time to decide where to live.

It's time to apply for more jobs, spruce up my resume.


I guess it's time for me to stop worrying.  

Enjoy the time left with my roommate.

Enjoy the time left with the luxury of school breaks and what not.

Enjoy my time at work interning.


Everything will work itself out the way God has planned for it to right? Right.  Okay. stop worrying....NOW


Until next time,


8 comments:

  1. I just graduated from college last May and had all the same thoughts and worries as you. What you said at the end about enjoying it all is so true, I wish I would have enjoyed my last couple months as a student a bit more as well as other things going on in my life. Like you said God has it all worked out already, so don't fret and enjoy this time! =)

    Congrats on almost being done with college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The future definitely scares the living crap out of me. So many things are up in the air with me and I am a creature of habit...so obviously that leaves me bieng a wee bit uneasy. I have to know that Jesus will take care of me. And you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fears are normal! I felt the same way when I graduated, especially because I didn't know if I actually wanted to pursue a career in the subject I majored in! But with all the sad parts about change come lots of great new adventures! The quote you posted is so true, and something I need to remember. I just want to fast forward to my move and my new life, and sometimes I forget to enjoy whats happening right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy it dear! You'll miss that time. Stay out too late, have a drink, dance on the piano bar! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been a planner. I am constantly planning for the future and a lot of times I forget to really enjoy the moment. I loved that quote on the picture because it's such a good reminder. We can't let life pass us by.

    Because what's the point of planning for the future if you'll never get to enjoy it because when you get there, you don't live in those moments either. You just keep planning for the future.

    - Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I already commented on this post, but I wanted to let you know...

    I selected you for the Leibster Blog Award! It's an award for up and coming blogs and you can get all the details on my post. Absolutely no pressure to participate, just wanted you to know you're nominated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I so understand how you feel, girl. It's so hard not to worry about the future. I read a quote today that encouraged me because I've really been struggling with this lately. "I don't know what my future holds but I know who holds my future." Hope you have a happy day, sweetie! ps- i just love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dang girl, for a second i thought i was reading something i wrote. i'm graduating from college soon as well and it is ScArY! what my future holds, i have no idea. i'm just REALLY leaning on God with this one. it's so stinking hard to not try and plan out your whole future, because ultimately we aren't the ones planning it. praying for you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete