Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Product Review

So I decided to kick my butt back in gear and get back in shape.  I wanted a blender so that I could make low fat smoothies and protein shakes as a meal replacement.  I did lots of looking and just didn't want the mess of a big blender.  I stumbled across this one in Target and decided it was the one.


The blender I got was the Oster Personal Blender.
[you can check it out for yourself here.]
Jessica over at Lovely Little Things and I email back and forth and I consider her as much of a best friend as one can be through emails!  Well we share a love for smoothies and protein shakes and she begged me to do a product review so here it is! 

This is the base of the blender. 
It came with this, a water bottle, the blade/blender part, & a top to the water bottle.

This is a mango, banana protien smoothie in the water bottle that you use with the blender.
And the blade lid that you screw on it.

You screw the blade lid on like you do the top to the water bottle. And then you flip it upside down and screw it on the the blender.  You push down and twist and the blender comes on.  Pretty neat.

I've found that it helps to shake up the water bottle before I start the blender.  This makes sure the fruit that I put in it shifts more towards the bottom (top of the water bottle technically) and closer to the blade.  Sometimes, I have to add a bit more liquid till it gets to the consistency I like.  It took me about 2 smoothies before I figured out the best recipe.

After you blend the smoothie to your liking, you just screw off the blade lid and put on the lid to the water bottle and you're ready to take your smoothie on the go!  The best part is the cleaning.  All I have to do is rinse off the blade lid and wash out the water bottle. So easy!

Just in case you are wondering, this is what I usually put in a smoothie.  I add:
A handful of this strawberry banana mix from Target.  
A spoonful of fat free greek yogurt for protein
A scoop of soy protein [I used the scoop included in the jar.  I also use soy protein because other types of protein powder contain gluten]
Orange juice [I add enough to make it the consistency I like.  Just depends on your tastes.]
Agave Nectar to taste [I use agave nectar because its organic and has less sugar in it then powdered sugar or honey.]

Blend and enjoy!


Until next time,







5 comments:

  1. YAAAAY :)
    This thing is awesome!!

    It would probably shave like 5 or so minutes off of my morning routine and believe me - 5 minutes are crucial to me in the morning haha!

    So happy you did this post!

    I might just have to buy one of those bad boys before summer!

    Talk soon, I'm suuure :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm ok. I have been super intimiadated by you girls and your delicious looking smoothies! I dont have a blender but SERIOUSLY am going to look into this!

    Fruit smoothies to start off my morning (especially in the summer) might just be what the doctor ordered!!!

    Thanks for this REVIEW!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl I was the same way. This little guy is quick and easy. I'm glad you liked it!

      xox

      Delete
  3. I got the same blender for my boyfriend and always steal it when I visit! I'm going to have to try this recipe in it now. Looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this!! I have a new found love for protein smoothies -- my biggest problem was that most mornings I woke up not feeling like eating anything and my boyfriend, who is a dedicated protein smoothie/shake drinker convinced me to start drinking them. I'm getting ready to go to the grocery store soon and I will definitely pick up some of the items you mentioned you use! Can't wait to purchase this product in the future! xoxo

    ReplyDelete