Thursday, April 5, 2012

One Tree Hill

"Sometimes, I wonder if anything's absolute anymore.  Is there still right and wrong?  Good and bad?  Truth and lies?  Or is everything negotiable, left to interpretation, grey.  Sometimes, we're forced to bend the truth, transform it, cause we're faced with things that are not of our own making.  And sometimes things simply catch up to us" - Lucas Scott

Last night, I watched the series finale of a show that I have grown up with.

One Tree Hill.


This show holds a seriously special place in my heart.  I grew up with this show.  I could relate to this show. The music, the obstacles, the difficulties, the literature.  It was all so relatable. If you watch this show, I know you know what I'm talking about.  Nine years, nine years of my life.



This show had a rawness about it.  A vulnerability.  They weren't afraid to cross lines and push limits.  They weren't afraid to show stereotypes like they really were.  It truly is an underdog story.

I figured out who I was through this show.  Silly right? But it's true.

I've discovered some of my favorite bands through this story.  It showed me how to survive adversity.  How to keep going when things feel like they can't go on.  How to deal with loss.  This show is was truly the soundtrack of my life.

"Every once in awhile people step up, they rise above themselves.  Sometimes they surprises you, and sometimes they fall short.  Life is funny sometimes, it can push pretty hard, but if you look close enough you find hope in the words of children, in the bars of a song, and in the eyes of someone you love.  And if you're lucky, and if you're the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back." -Nathan Scott


This show taught me how to love.  How to be a better friend, daughter, and lover.  And I can't believe its all over.  There won't be any more seasons.  I feel like a part of me is ending with them.  Such a big part of my life.  The small moments were meant to be the big moments.  It was real and heartfelt.  
The school shooting.

The state championship.

Haley being hit by a car, pregnant.

Peyton's stalker.

Clay's stalker.

Crazy nanny Carrie.

Nathan being kidnapped.

That doesn't even begin to list the big moments of this show in its nine season.  The times I've cried like a baby tears I've shed, the laughter, the goosebumps I've felt.  It was worth every bit of it.  This show made me believe in myself.  Believe in the goodness of life.  It was about the quiet voice in your head that tells you, you can do better.


I can't believe its all over. [Thank goodness for Netflix]

"In your life, you're going to go to some great places, and you're going to do some wonderful things.  But no matter where you go, or who you become, this place will always be with you.  There is only one Tree Hill.  And it will always be your home."- Karen


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment