Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday

I've been contemplating all day what to post about today.  I am determined to commit to this blogging thing, even if I do only have 2 followers.  So I decided to start sharing a little something about myself every Thursday.  Something I've decided to call Thoughtful Thursday.  Okay so here we go.

My family is so important to me I couldn't even begin to explain.  They are my #1 priority in my life and I am lucky to have such a great family.  If you go back in my archive to when I was only semi-committed to this blog I have wrote a few times about my stepdad, Keith.


He is hands down the best father a girl could ever ask for.  Granted he's not my biological father, but he is better than that.  He is a father-figure and a best friend and I am so lucky my mom married such a great man.  And now is the time that the phrase "bad things happen to good people" comes into play.  He has stage four glioblastomic brain cancer.  In words you can understand, really bad brain cancer.  The doctors gave him 6 months to live and here we are almost two years later still fighting. 

So, a little something about myself for this Thursday.  My family is so incredibly amazing and we are fighting an incredibly hard battle.  But for the first time in almost two years, we are on the winning end of this battle.  So, if you have ever said a little prayer for my family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Prayers work, so if you're going through a tough time don't ever stop praying.  Don't ever give up.  Because God answers prayers, and looks out for all of us.

"For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go" Psalms 91:11

Until tomorrow, (which I am super excited for because I get to participate in my first High Five Friday!)

xox



2 comments:

  1. Just said a prayer for you & your family, lovely :)
    What a great story!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete