Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthday

I don't know about you but I just love birthdays.  And not just mine, everyones!  I think birthdays should always be celebrated.  Well today is my wonderful boyfriend's birthday.  The ripe old age of 24.  He's getting a new pair of baseball shoes (since he's a baseball coach) and I'm going to take him out to our favorite sushi place when he has a night off work!  I also made him this little craft, the ABCs of our love.  I saw something similar to it online and loved it.  Plus my boyfriend loves cheesy things.


1.  First I made a word document with all of the letters of the alphabet.
2.  I used a size 200 font to make the letters extra big.
3.  I then went through and made each letter a different color and font.  Mix and match!


4.  Then I went through and added something I loved or a characteristic of us for each letter.  Not gonna lie, some of those letters were hard!
5.  Then I made the cover for it.

6.  I then uploaded the document to FedEx Printing.  You can format it to print however you want.  I chose to use card stock and have it hole punched at the top with two holes.
(If you have your own printer, you could do all of this from home.  I don't and this was SUPER easy and only cost $20 to print it all)
7.  I picked up my prints and was thrilled! Then I used two rings and threaded them through the holes, making it like a flip book.
8.  I then took 3 wooden hearts of various sizes and painted them pink.

9.  Once dry, I hot glued them to the cover.
10.  Voila!


What do you think?  This is super easy to make and perfect for birthdays, Valentine's Day, anniversaries, or whenever! Hope you are all having a great Monday!

xox,

4 comments:

  1. It came out SO cute!
    I love the wooden hearts that you added :)

    You'll have to tell us what his reaction was!

    Happy Monday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriosuly you are too cute!
    What a perfect and personal gift that ANY one would love to get!

    Bet he will/did loveeee itttt!!!

    happy monday sweet girl! oh a gig em :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable!! I have to do this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a great idea, girl! i love birthdays too :) hope you're havin a good week! xo

    ReplyDelete