Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hunger Games Movie

Ohhh, the anticipation.  Was it killing you like it was me?  I decided to let the weekend pass before posting this so that more people would have seen the movie by now.  I read the book in a matter of days and was hooked from then on.  The intense story line just sucked me in and I couldn't put the book down.  So when I heard that there was a movie coming out I was pumped to say the least.



Now as a disclaimer I'm going to post my opinion on movies based on books.  I think that when transferring a book into a screenplay some of the small details that keep you hooked when reading can be cut out without ruining the story line.  The action and visual of a movie keeps you locked in while in a book you are trying to visualize in your mind the story.  The small details of a book are needed to keep the story alive in your mind.  With that said, people are already criticizing the movie on details left out.

I believe that the producers did an incredible job on the screenplay of this movie.  The filmography of this movie was impeccable.  If a detail was cut out for time purposes, they made sure to connect the gaps so that if you hadn't read the books, you would still understand the story.  It was not only action packed and kept you on the edge of your seat for the entire 2 hours and 22 minutes but also the acting of Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Stanley Tucci, Woody Harrelson and other main characters was flawless. 

Granted, some of the relationships between Peeta and Katniss and also Haymitch and Katniss were a touch glossed over if you ask me.  I am hoping that they will further develop these relationships in the next movie.  Casey has not read the books and went to see the movie and did a pretty good job of following along.  But everyone has different opinions.

Since the Hunger Games came out over my spring break, I decided that for the first time I would brave the madness of a midnight premier.  It was worth every second [and my exhaustion that followed the next day].  My roommate, her sister, and I had a blast with a theatre full of teenagers.

Me, my roommate, Jordan, and her sister, Kelsey
[why yes, I am rocking a Hunger Games shirt]

Kelsey and I in our matching District 12 shirts

I rocked a Katniss-style braid [altered slightly for my short hair] for the movie.
This is also the product of boredom from sitting in a theatre for 3 hours.

My midnight premiere ticket!


So I want to know, what did you think of the Hunger Games movie?  Was it everything you hoped it would be?  It pretty much was for me.  I will be seeing this movie again as soon as possible.  I'm sure it will be even better the second time.

Until next time, and may the odds, be ever in your favor :)


1 comment:

  1. i agree with your comments - i did think that the way katniss got the mockingjay pin and peeta's leg at the end shouldn't have been cut out - i thought these were two things that helped make the book - but everything else was wonderful. ahhhhh i could see it 100 more times. love. it!!!!

    ReplyDelete