Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Getaway weekend!

Happy Tuesday!

I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend.  Hopefully a 3 day weekend like I did!  This weekend Casey and I celebrated Valentine's Day a little late and had a little getaway to Branson, MO this weekend and it was exactly what we needed.

Here's a little peek into our trip :)

We drove down on Saturday after Casey got off work and I saw the most beautiful sunset.  (check out the picture of it here)  When we got into town, we went straight to Walmart and got some munchies and some drinks to have in the room.  We had quite the adventure driving around town.  Lets just say thank goodness for my iPhone.  It helped out a lot.

We smuggled in my DVD player, ordered in, snuggled up to watch some Harry Potter and just relaxed.  It was the perfect first evening.

Casey snuck out the next morning and walked across the street and woke me up with Starbucks.  Thumbs up to my boyfriend :)


We spent a gorgeous day walking around on the Landing (a little shopping area where our hotel was) and just enjoying the day and each other.

We went to dinner Sunday night at a steakhouse and had a yummy dinner of steak and baked potatoes.  Delish. 

Drive back to Springfield.  *sigh*  Back to reality, unfortunately.  But it was the perfect little weekend getaway.  Just what we needed :)

xox,

3 comments:

  1. I love Branson! It's the perfect place for a short getaway. The outlet malls are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a good time :)
    glad to see that!
    And boyfriend points to him for surprising you with Starbucks!

    Talk soon, girl!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so jealous! I'd do anything for a getaway with the boyfriend. You all are so sweet and love he went out for Starbucks for you. Glad you had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete