Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nostalgia

I said I'd share a little about myself every Thursday.  And I've been slacking, so I apologize.  I have been feeling a bit nostalgic lately.  So, I thought I'd tell you guys about my summer last year.  It was a pretty good one.

It was this time last year I was getting ready to start my internship with the Springfield Cardinals.  It's crazy to think about how much has changed.  How crazy that internship was.  For 7 months Hammons Field was my home and I can't say that I hated it.  It was hard, crazy hard at times.  Especially given the weather we had last season.  The weather was up, down, and all around.  Last summer was a roller coaster of events, emotions, and so many other things.

We were there.  In the heat, in the rain, in cold, we were out there.  We got sunburned.  And then we were shivering in the cold.  We were there.  We were in the office on the phones selling tickets.  We were on the field pulling the tarp in the pouring rain.  We were working in the public address room.  We were working in the concourse.  We were making mascot appearances.  We were there, all the time.  4 game homestands, 5 game homestands, the dreaded 8 game homestand.  We were there, every second.  Together.

Here are a few pictures of one of my favorite summers, ever:

one.
Opening day at Hammons Field
two.
My view from the public address booth where I sat...everyday
three.
The Budweiser Clydesdales at opening day. So cool.

four.
On Veteran's Day, a Marine parachuted into the field.
so.freaking.cool.
five.
Full time staff vs. intern softball game.
We got our butts handed to us.
six.
Just a typical view of mine.
Watching batting practice.


seven. 
Ok, so this is the St. Louis Cardinals winning the World Series.
But I worked for the Cardinal's organization.  It counts, right?
eight.
The view from the radio room on the road in Springdale, AR.
nine.
My roommate and I soaking wet.  We had just finished pulling tarp
across the field in a torrential downpour.


Last summer was full of laughter.  And it has continued to be full of laughter.  Things have continually gone upwards since last summer.  It's still weird to drive past Hammons Field and know that I was once a huge part of it.  It's also a little weird to be thinking I won't be going back to every single game, that there are new interns this summer.  I miss seeing those people every day, that's for sure.

But the good news is, thanks to that internship I have my roommate whom I adore and through a friend of that internship I was introduced to the love of my life.  So I'd say it was pretty great.  A pretty great experience. 


Is there anything in your life that makes you nostalgic sometimes?
Happy Thursday :)

xox,

1 comment:

  1. AH!
    First of all I'm loving the new layout colors a lot :)
    AND
    I've always wanted to do a sports internship!

    Now that my goals have changed I probably won't, but at least I have your pictures to look at ;)

    Happy Thursday, love! I'll be emailing you back tonight!
    xo

    ReplyDelete